Our Birmingham office is moving! We thought it helpful to review what is involved when relocating your business. Your business communications & technology infrastructure (servers, computers, telephones, printers etc.) are central to the operation of your company. Moving IT and telecom equipment can be the most complex and challenging part of any office move. Because so much of your business relies on connectivity, your business should be prepared for a smooth transition of your communications infrastructure. The earlier you start planning your relocation, the greater chance you have in making sure your business is not disrupted during the move. Internet installation with fiber can take up to 120 days even when the nearest fiber is just down the road.
Enlist your systems expert
Comtex can be a big ally during your move and will be an integral part of the relocation . To prevent costly mistakes, bring us into the process early, and keep us involved every step of the way regarding your telecommunications and business technology infrastructure. It is essential to include your low voltage contract (Comtex) in planning sessions before the plans are concrete to insure access, pathways & conduits are in place. This simple step can and has saved thousands of $$ for our clients. There are no fees involved in our consultation if you are a client.
Keep track of all equipment cables, power cords, and phone wiring. Label cords accordingly and keep them with their specific piece of equipment. Something as simple as placing peripheral computer equipment (such as cables, the keyboard and mouse), in a bag and attaching it to the computer with packing tape will eliminate headaches later when reinstalling the system. Loss of peripheral equipment will mean a loss of productivity.The IT & Telecom Pre Move Plan
- Compare telecom carrier solutions and costs
- Order placement and provisioning
- Communicate with vendors to schedule service and installations
- Installation of carrier services
- Supervise the testing and turn-up of all services
- Infrastructure cabling design
- What connectivity resources you need to look for in your new office
- Evaluating & planning IT & Telecom requirements in your new office such as Phone System Selection - this is critical due to carrier provisions/configurations are based on type of equipment utilized.